Saturday 4 February 2012

Going to Guzhen

So I am now at the ferry terminal, waiting to head over to mainland China! I had a pretty good time in Hong Kong...we had our tour on Saturday. It was the same tour I'd been on last year, but it was still good. We went to Aberdeen fishing village and took a little boat ride around the harbour area there, then went over to Stanley Market. I hadn't bought anything there last year, but I did buy a Hong Kong shirt this time, as well as a couple other little things. I know other things are cheaper in China though, so I didn't get a lot, and I would tell other people that things were cheaper in China, so they wouldn't waste their money either. Then we went to The Peak and took some pictures there. That afternoon me and the other Guzhen teachers, as well as one other girl went to the ladies market to shop some more. That night we were able to go to the light show too! I had missed that last year, so I was happy to see it. This morning I was able to go to church too! We went to church across the street from the temple and took pictures of it too after sacrament meeting. It was sooo cool to go to church here...even though they weren't speaking english (there were people translating for us), we were still able to feel the spirit these people had while bearing their testimonies, it was awesome! We're about to check-in for our ferry ride though...heading home to Guzhen! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment