Tuesday 22 April 2014

Asian Adventures

So, I used to have this blog called "Made in China"...but...seeing as how I'm heading to Thailand with ILP in less than 2 weeks, I figured that title was no longer appropriate. :)

Yah...it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Not quite 3 weeks ago I got a message from one of the ILP directors asking if I was going to be busy for the summer, or if I would be interested in going to teach English in Thailand! I kinda freaked out. I was about to head out to meet up with a friend between classes when I read the message, and so she got to see my first reaction. I called my dad, and he was excited for me, and I messaged my sister, who's teaching English in Ukraine, right away too. The whole day I couldn't stop thinking about it, and that night, after reading my scriptures and praying, I really felt like good about it, so, about 12 hours after getting this message, I said yes!

This meant that I had to drop my summer classes, cancel my housing, get through finals, and pack up my room in the next 10 or so days. It was pretty stressful actually. Plus all the goodbyes. ugh. I hate goodbyes. Some of my goodbyes were forever goodbyes...what with people going on missions and not coming back until I'd be graduated...but even goodbyes that were just goodbye for the summer were really hard. I realized that before my other semesters in China I had been living at home, away from friends, for months before leaving to China...so goodbyes weren't really hard. These goodbyes were hard.

The flag circle at BYU-Hawaii. I've got my sight set on Thailand now!

I've been at home for a week now, and I miss Hawaii and my friends. Plus I don't know anyone here since "home" isn't really home anymore, seeing as how my family moved while I was gone to school.
But! I'm going to Thailand! In 2 weeks, I will be laying on a beach like this:


We start of our semester with a week long vacation, so we're heading to southern Thailand - Krabi and Koh Lanta. It'll be great. I miss the sand and the sun already!

No comments:

Post a Comment